Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour features a different Pokemon every week to give players the chance to catch ’em all. Here’s everything you need to know about May 2023’s Spotlight Hour schedule, including dates, Pokemon, and useful tips.
Pokemon Go’s Spotlight Hour is one of the many special events that Niantic host to keep players engaged and entertained. Each week, a different Pokemon becomes the game’s main star, allowing players to catch as many as they can for a whole hour.
During that hour, spawn rates increase significantly and a special 2x bonus is active. Players not only have the chance to catch many Pokemon of the same species, but they also get the chance to collect Candy to power up and evolve them.
To get ready for the Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour, here’s everything you need to know about this weekly event, including the May 2023 complete schedule.
- What is this week’s Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour?
- Is there a Shiny Skorupi in Pokemon Go?
- Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour Schedule for May 2023
- How to prepare for Skorupi’s Spotlight Hour in Pokemon Go
What is this week’s Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour?
This week’s Spotlight Hour is centered around Skorupi, the Gen 4 Scorpion Pokemon, and it takes place on Tuesday, May 23. Every Spotlight Hour runs from 6 PM to 7 PM local time.
The spawn rate of Skorupi will increase, giving players the chance to catch and collect as many as they can. The active bonus for this week’s Spotlight Hour will be 2x Evolve XP, which is great even for players not interested in catching more Skorupi.
Is there a shiny Skorupi in Pokemon Go?
Shiny Skorupi is available in Pokemon Go, so players will have increased chances of finding shiny Skorupi in the wild during Spotlight Hour.
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule for May 2023
Here’s the complete schedule for Pokemon Go Spotlight Hours taking place during May 2023:
|Spotlight Hour Date||Pokemon||Special Bonus||Can it be shiny?|
|May 2||Alolan Geodude||2x Catch XP||Yes|
|May 9||Ponyta||2x Catch Candy||Yes|
|May 16||Bellsprout||2x Transfer Candy||Yes|
|May 23||Skorupi||2x Evolve XP||Yes|
|May 30||Houndour||2x Catch Stardust||Yes|
How to prepare for Skorupi’s Spotlight Hour in Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hours take place every week, so you have a decent amount of time to get ready for it. Here are some useful tips:
- You’ll need a lot of Poke Balls to catch as many Pokemon as you can.
- Berries are useful to catch Pokemon more effectively or increase the number of Candy obtained.
- Make sure you have enough space in your Pokemon Storage Box.
- You can save your Daily Adventure Incense for the Spotlight Hour to increase even more of your chances of catching lots of Pokemon.
- You can also use the PokeCoins you’ve earned during the week to spend on other useful items, like other Incenses, Lucky Eggs for more XP, or Star Pieces for bonus Stardust.