Pokemon Go’s July 2023 Community Day features the popular Poliwag. Players are eager to know all about the event, including event times, the exclusive move of Poliwag’s evolutions, shiny availability, and bonuses. Here are all the details.
Pokemon Go Community Day is a monthly event that focuses on a specific Pokemon for a particular day. On this occasion, the featured Pokemon will have boosted spawns and an increased shiny rate. In addition, players will also be able to get access to exciting different bonuses and an exclusive move when evolved.
This special event usually brings the spotlight on a rare species though it can also put the spotlight on Pokemon that are common wild spawns in the game. It takes place during the weekend to give more players a chance to enjoy the event.
With Pokemon Go July 2023 Community Day bringing Poliwag to the picture, here’s all you need to know, including event times, the exclusive move, shiny availability, bonuses, and more.
- Pokemon Go Poliwag Community Day date & time
- Can Poliwag be shiny on Pokemon Go Community Day?
- Pokemon Go Poliwag Community Day exclusive move
- All Pokemon Go July 2023 Community Day Research
- Bonus Raids
- July Community Day bonuses
- How to prepare for Community Day
The Pokemon Go Poliwag Community Day is on Sunday, July 30, 2023, from 2 PM to 5 PM local time.
This event will give Pokemon Go players the chance to stock up on Poliwag Candy to evolve it. We recommend using Pinap Berries to earn bonus Candy from each catch.
Yes, shiny Poliwag is available during Pokemon Go July 2023 Community Day.
Pokemon Go players will be able to find shiny Poliwag to evolve it into shiny Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, or Politoed. Players will have increased chances of encountering shiny Poliwag during the event, so be on the lookout.
Pokemon Go players that evolve Poliwhirl (Poliwag’s evolution) into Poliwrath up to five hours after the event will get an evolution that knows the Fighting-type Fast Move Counter. On the other hand, players that evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed using a King’s Rock will get an evolution that knows the Ice-type Charged Move Ice Beam.
This means trainers will have to evolve Poliwag into Poliwhirl and then into Poliwrath or Politoed before 10 PM local time.
Counter is a Fast Move that has 8 power in Trainer Battles and 12 power in Gyms and Raids. Ice Beam is a Charged Move that has 90 power in both Trainer Battles and in Gyms and Raids.
The July 2023 Community Day event will feature different Research tasks for Pokemon Go players to increase their chances of getting Poliwag and its evolutions.
Players can expect different Field Research tasks when spinning PokeStops for a chance to catch Poliwag and earn rewards such as King’s Rocks, Ultra Balls, and more.
There will be a Community Day Special Research story titled ‘Slippery Swirls.’ Players will be able to buy or gift this ticketed Research for $1.00 through the in-game shop.
Additionally, players will also get the chance to complete a Timed Research to get a King’s Rock.
After the July Community Day event ends, Pokemon Go players will be able to take on special four-star Raid Battles featuring Poliwhirl.
Winning one of these Raids will cause more Poliwag to appear around the Gym that hosted the Raid for the next 30 minutes. Shiny spawns will also be boosted in this case. It’s worth noting that trainers can only join these 4-Star Raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used in this case.
Below you’ll find every active bonus during the July 2023 Community Day in Pokemon Go:
- 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event.
- 2x Candy for catching Pokemon.
- 2x chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokemon.
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of three for the day.
- Trades will require 50% less Stardust.
Keep in mind that the last two bonuses will be active from 2 PM to 10 PM local time, while the others will only be active during the three-hour event. Golden Lure Modules are not affected by these bonuses.
Pokemon Go Community Day events take place every month, so you have a decent amount of time to get ready for it. Here are some useful tips:
- You’ll need a lot of Poke Balls to catch as many of the featured Pokemon as you can.
- Berries are useful to catch Pokemon more effectively or increase the number of Candy obtained.
- Make sure you have enough space in your Pokemon Storage Box.
- Save Lure Modules and Incense for the Community Day since they usually last longer during the event.
- You can also use the PokeCoins you’ve earned during the week to spend on other useful items, like Lucky Eggs for more XP or Star Pieces for bonus Stardust.