Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 has a brand-new rank and prestige system, leaving many players needing an explanation. Here’s how the Military Ranks and Persistent Prestige work in MW2 and Warzone 2.
Modern Warfare 2 players have had a decent amount of time to level up and progress through the 55 Military Ranks, but with Warzone 2 and the Season 1 update inbound, players want to know how the ranking system will work.
Prior to Season 1, players worked their way to the max rank of 55, but the new Persistent Prestige system and seasonal progression are about to change that, so let’s get into the details.
Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Ranks & Prestige system explained
According to the Call of Duty blog, with the Season 1 update, “leveling up past Rank 55 will allow you to earn a persistent Prestige Rank across all seasons, rather than having it reset at the end of each season.”
This means that reaching Rank 56 will unlock Prestige 1, providing players with an Emblem, additional rewards, and a set of challenges which, once completed, will unlock an exclusive Calling Card.
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 1 include five Prestige Ranks to get through:
- Prestige 1: Unlocked at Rank 56
- Prestige 2: Unlocked at Rank 100
- Prestige 3: Unlocked at Rank 150
- Prestige 4: Unlocked at Rank 200
- Prestige 5: Unlocked at Rank 250 and is the level cap until the end of Season 01.
At the end of Season 1, players can continue attempting to reach the max level of Rank 250. However, although not confirmed, we expect future seasons to bring even more Prestiges, raising the max rank.
This system allows players to go at their own pace, leveling up through Prestiges as the seasons go on. There are also progression systems for weapons & Special Ops Kits.
Weapon Platforms & Special Ops Kits
The progression systems available for players include:
- Weapon Platforms: Each Weapon Platform will feature Camo and Mastery challenges. Most will include Progression trees with the ability to unlock platform-specific and universal attachments, with some also allowing you to unlock Receivers, which serve as additional functional weapons within the platform.
- Special Ops Kits: Each Special Ops Kit can be leveled up — to a maximum of Rank 10 — by replaying missions or completing challenges to earn Stars.
Players will be earning XP by completing challenges, matches, and more to progress through the new Battle Pass system.