Diablo 4 lets you collect a ton of gear items while exploring the open world and you’ll be frequently clearing your inventory to make space for new and better items. Transmogrification is a feature that comes in handy while managing your inventory, and here’s how to transmog gear in Diablo 4.
A Diablo game will always be incomplete without endless loot, and Diablo 4 is no exception. The latest installment in the series has already become the best-selling in the franchise and it has slightly modified the loot system. Regardless of the changes, you’ll still find your inventory filling up constantly and the need to discard/manage the extra items.
Luckily, there are many unique ways to handle your gear in Diablo 4 which includes features like salvaging and transmogrification. While salvage allows you to get crafting items from gear, transmog lets you unlock new looks for it.
On that note, here’s a guide on how to transmog gear in Diablo 4.
- How to unlock transmog in Diablo 4
- How to transmog in Diablo 4
- How to turn off transmog in Diablo 4
How to unlock transmog in Diablo 4
You can unlock transmog in Diablo 4 by salvaging gear for the blacksmith in Kyovashad. Once you salvage an item, you’ll unlock new appearances for it, and the transmog feature lets you add these visual effects without affecting the combat-related stats.
If you cannot find the blacksmith, just look for the anvil icon on the map when in Kyovashad. Every town in the game has blacksmiths and wardrobes and finding them shouldn’t be a difficult task.
How to transmog in Diablo 4
Follow these steps to transmog items in Diablo 4:
- Head to Kyovashad and look for the wardrobe icon. It is located right above the anvil icon for the blacksmith.
- Open your wardrobe where you’ll see your salvaged gear and the transmog screen.
- Select the gear you want to alter and choose from the list of salvaged gear options.
- Every piece of gear can have a default look, an unequipped look (basically hides the item while still giving you the stats), and unlocked looks (obtained through salvaging).
How to turn off transmog in Diablo 4
To turn off transmog in Diablo 4, open your inventory, hover your cursor over the desired item, and choose the ‘Hide Transmog’ option. This should remove the respective cosmetic effect.