If you’ve caught an Eevee in Pokemon Go, you’re probably eager to evolve it into Sylveon as fast as you can. This fierce Fairy-type Pokemon can put Dragon types in their place, so let’s dive into how to get Sylveon in Pokemon Go, including the famous name trick.
Fairy-type Pokemon are relatively rare in Pokemon Go, and scoring the super adorable Sylveon for your squad can be a top priority for many trainers.
Only a few Pokemon, like Togekiss and Gardevoir, outshine this Eeveelution. It’s a great choice for beginners looking to step up their PvP game.
Sylveon stands as one of the many Eevee evolutions, and trainers can get one by either renaming their Eevee before evolution or by hitting certain friendship milestones. On that note, here’s how to evolve Eevee and get Sylveon in Pokemon Go.
- How to evolve Eevee to Sylveon with Pokemon Go hidden name trick
- How to get Sylveon in Pokemon Go with Buddy Hearts
- How to make your Pokemon Buddy ‘excited’ in Pokemon Go
How to evolve Eevee to Sylveon with Pokemon Go hidden name trick
Like all Eevee evolutions, you can get Sylveon in Pokemon Go with a secret name trick, and here’s how to do it:
- If you don’t own one already, make sure you catch an Eevee.
- Change its name to ‘Kira’.
- Spend 25 Eevee Candy and hit the ‘Evolve’ button.
- It will now evolve into Sylveon!
- Be warned though, if the fairy-type silhouette is not over the ‘Evolve’ button, then it may not turn into Sylveon.
Having said that, the hidden name trick only works once per every Eeveelution. This implies that, after getting one Sylveon through the trick, you can get another only with the traditional method.
How to get Sylveon in Pokemon Go with Buddy Hearts
The common method to get Sylveon in Pokemon Go is to make your Eevee your buddy and earn 70 hearts with it.
In Pokemon Go, you can obtain hearts with your Buddy Pokemon. To select a buddy, simply tap the Trainer’s portrait on the bottom left corner of the screen and tap the Buddy button.
After making the desired Eevee your buddy, you can collect an affection heart with the following activities:
- Walking together for 2 km (up to three hearts every day).
- Give your Eevee a treat such as berries (up to three hearts every day). Always maintain a one-hour gap between treats.
- Play together.
- Battle together in PvP leagues, Team Rocket Grunt/Leader Battles, Gyms, and Raids (up to three hearts every day).
- Take a snapshot in AR mode.
- Visit a new place, which means spinning a Pokestop/Gym you haven’t seen before.
Even if you don’t walk 6km with your Eevee every day and discover a new location, the remaining tasks, like giving berries, playing together, and taking snapshots, are reasonably easy.
Completing them daily should net you the maximum allocation of 12 hearts per day, meaning you should have 70 Buddy Hearts in 6 days – although it could be shorter if you feed Eevee Poffins.
Once you get 70 Buddy Hearts and reach the Great Buddy level with your Eevee, the evolve option will depict a Sylveon silhouette. The process will still require 25 Eevee candies.
Just to recap:
- Choose the Eevee that you want to become Sylveon.
- Make them your buddy.
- Complete various activities until they reach 70 Buddy Hearts.
- Use 25 Eevee Candy on the Pokemon.
- Evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
How to make your Pokemon Buddy ‘excited’ in Pokemon Go
By bringing your Buddy Pokemon to an ‘excited’ stage in Pokemon Go, players can get 24 hearts each day, which can help in getting Sylveon in just 3 days. The shop-exclusive Poffin item makes a Pokemon excited, or trainers can complete a bunch of in-game tasks to get 32 points.
The image below by Reddit user u/7Kushi explains how each Pokemon Buddy task grants a certain number of points and the respective cooldown.
It is evident that getting a Sylveon is the hardest Eeveelution in Pokemon Go. However, owning this Fairy-type Pokemon is worth the effort if one wants to counter the ferocious Dragon-type Pokemon in Master League.