Dead By Daylight is consistently a top multiplayer experience due to its impactful partnerships. The upcoming mid-chapter 30.5 is set to provide a special preview before the release of Chapter 31 in March. Here, we cover the key details surrounding the anticipated arrival of DBD Chapter 30.5 and the introduction of the new survivor, Alan Wake.
Dead By Daylight’s Chapter 30 was significant in the game’s storyline, introducing Chucky as a killer and a third-person point of view. While no further killers or survivors have been revealed since January, there are rumors of another partnership with Stranger Things due to the franchise’s resurgence in the game in 2023.
Excitement is building for a range of new and iconic licensed characters throughout the year, including the arrival of new survivor Alan Wake in DBD Chapter 30.5.
Release Date for Dead By Daylight Chapter 30.5
The highly anticipated date for Dead By Daylight Chapter 30.5 and the introduction of Alan Wake is set for January 30th, as officially announced by Behaviour Interactive on the DBD site’s Alan Wake page.
Mid-chapter 30.5 will not only introduce Alan Wake but will also bring enhancements and modifications, as outlined in the DBD 2024 roadmap:
- Improvements in gameplay and user experience:
- An FOV slider for better visual customization
- A solution to the 3-generator standoff issue
- Updates for certain killers:
- Adjustments to The Onryo
- Changes to The Hillbilly
- New Blight add-ons
- Revisions to various perks:
- Modifications to “Save the Best for Last”
- Tweaks to “Grim Embrace”
- Changes to “Quick Gambit”
- Updates to “Shadowborn”
- Adjustments to “Monitor & Abuse”
Launch Schedule for DBD Chapter 30.5 and Alan Wake
The countdown to the launch of DBD Chapter 30.5 and the Alan Wake survivor ends at 8 AM PT / 11 AM ET / 4 PM GMT on January 30th.
Following the Public Test Build launch on January 9th, Behaviour Interactive has showcased Alan Wake’s perks and abilities, which include:
- Champion of Light: A perk that gains effect while wielding a flashlight. It boosts your speed while shining the flashlight and impedes the Killer’s movement when you manage to blind them. This ability has a cooldown period to prevent rapid reuse.
- Boon: Illumination: This ability allows you to bless a totem which then reveals the location of crucial items and objectives to your teammates.
- Deadline: An injured status leads to more frequent and randomly placed Skill Checks, paired with a reduced penalty for errors.
Dead By Daylight Chapter 30.5 U.S. Release Times
- 8 AM PT on Tuesday, January 30th
- 11 AM ET on Tuesday, January 30th
UK Launch Time for Alan Wake
- 4 PM GMT on Tuesday, January 30th
Pricing for DBD’s Alan Wake
The release of Dead By Daylight’s Chapter 30.5 featuring the Alan Wake survivor will be accessible at a wallet-friendly price of $4.99 or 500 Auric Cells. This is a bargain compared to typical DLC releases, as this package comprises solely a new survivor without an additional map or killer.
Available across PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and the Nintendo Switch, Dead By Daylight continues to capture the heart of gamers. Meanwhile, the gaming world buzzes with the leaked information about the early 2024 State of Play for PS4 and PS5.
Image Source: rafapress / Shutterstock